Durham for All | 2018 Goals
Our goals for 2018 are to:
- Use the sheriff, DA and judicial races to challenge current practices around policing, incarceration and deportation by developing justice-based alternatives, securing commitments from candidates, electing them to office, and holding them accountable.
- Lead GOTV efforts in working-class communities of color for the primaries and school board elections in May and the general election in November.
- Translate our progressive majority on the city council into concrete public policy wins around workers’ rights, participatory budgeting, and equitable development.
- Continue to engage supporters to reach our goal of 10,000 pledges of support for the 10K Strong principles.
- Continue to build the leadership of a multi-racial cross-class coalition of community members to practice our values at the ballot box and in the streets.